Custom Air Handling (AHU) Unit Project Manager
|Title:||Custom Air Handling (AHU) Unit Project Manager|
Join the AC Corporation team!
The ideal Custom AHU Project Manager (PM) shall be skilled in the following areas.
- Design – Understand basic principles of airflow, heat transfer, air/fluid pressure drops and have the ability to apply this knowledge to designing custom air handling units.
- CAD – Experienced with AutoCAD. Must be capable of using CAD to layout designed equipment. 3D experience is a plus.
- Structural – Knowledge with sizing and selection of structural steel members.
- Metal Fabrication – Have basic knowledge in the use of various types and thicknesses of sheet metal. This includes the basic function and application of various tools used to form, shear and weld metal.
- Welding – Have basic knowledgeable of the different types of welding processes and when each type of process is used.
- Piping – Experience in designing piping systems and associated components for chilled water, hot water, steam, steam condensate, and gas.
- Education – BS/AAS in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering a plus. Practical experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
Project Management Knowledge:
- Budgeting/Estimating – Be experienced in creating budgets and estimating the cost to design and manufacture custom air handling units.
- Design Management – Have the ability to control the process of designing custom air handling units. This process requires a firm understanding of accurate application of system design principles.
- Material/Equipment Selection and Procurement – Have the ability to select and obtain appropriate material and equipment used to manufacture custom air handling units. These items must meet design criteria while holding within budget and scheduling demands.
- Resource Scheduling – Show the ability to efficiently schedule appropriate personnel, material, rental equipment, shipping services, and facilities to meet project requirements.
- Cost Management – Ability to manage costs on a project through appropriate analysis and forecasting. Cost management software will be used to create and review reports.
- Scope Management – Must know how to develop, plan and execute a scope of work for a project, ensuring client expectations are met.
- Submittals – Ability to create, review and issue submittals for approval of all material and equipment used to build custom air handling units.
- Initiating – PM is to be a self-starter. Capable of leading others towards meeting the customer’s expectations and project scope objectives.
- Planning – PM is to be capable of refining scope objectives into an efficient plan of action.
- Monitoring and Controlling – PM is to be capable of monitoring and measuring performance indicators, identifying variances of the plan, and incorporating corrective actions necessary to bring the project back on target.
- Closing – PM is to be capable of recognizing when project deliverables are accepted by the stakeholder and a project can be brought to an orderly close.
- Attitude – PM is to possess a strong understanding of working together as a team. A confident, positive attitude towards accomplishing the goal is a must.
- Leadership – PM is to be able to set the example for the team through ownership of responsibilities as well as empower team members to succeed with their specific tasks.
What We Offer
- Supportive work environment
- Six paid holidays
- Two weeks of vacation after one year of service
- Medical, dental, life, vision, disability and 401(k) available after one month
- Flexible spending account to help you and your family pay for medical expenses
Pre-employment and random drug testing required.