|Title:||Construction Purchasing Agent/Warehouse Coordinator|
This job is a multi-skilled position. The primary responsibilities include purchasing materials to be used on construction projects and to maintain a stockroom / warehouse for those materials.
- Initiate and prepare Purchase Orders, RFI’s and RFQ’s for a variety of construction supplies, material, and rental equipment required to meet the ongoing demand of construction projects.
- Perform research, follow-up and expediting functions for purchases.
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms and delivery schedules with a variety of vendors.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop new supply sources as needed.
- Schedule, track and process invoices for rental equipment.
- Assign and track owned equipment.
- Manage and direct the receiving, warehousing, stocking and staging of incoming raw materials, supplies and equipment.
- Process and audit stockroom transactions.
- Analyze inventory turns to reduce and avoid overstocked or obsolete inventory.
- Rotate and organize warehouse material and stock.
- Maintain warehouse in an orderly and clean manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in purchasing/procurement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS outlook and MS Excel.
- Experience with ERP/MRP software systems; preferably Vista.
- Prioritize and plan work activities efficiently; work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Operate a forklift safely.
- Standing/walking/sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasional bending/kneeling/crouching.
- Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
What We Offer
- Supportive work environment
- Opportunity to learn additional skills
- Six paid holidays
- Two weeks of vacation after one year of service
- Medical, dental, life, vision, disability and 401(k) available after one month
- Flexible spending account to help you and your family pay for medical expenses
Must have reliable transportation. Pre-employment drug test required.