|ID:||1010 - WS|
The Project Manager is the primary point person responsible for planning, executing and delivering engineering projects on time, within budget and according to specifications. They manage and oversee mechanical projects of various size and complexity. Includes managing traditional design build and design assist projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Account Management- Lead the efforts to maintain long term owner direct relationships with assigned key accounts.
- Estimating –Both site surveys and plan review.
- Purchasing– Issues purchase orders for equipment, materials and subcontractors in a timely manner that does not jeopardize the project schedule
- Scheduling– Develops a plan for what is to be done, what resources are required and when; coordinates with field superintendents / the client / general contractors / subcontractors in order to meet timetables for completion of work. Ensures subcontractors have been scheduled to complete their activities as required by the scope of work.
- Managing manpower– Works with trade superintendents to ensure that the correct number of workers and the level of expertise required for each project is provided. Keeps man power projection sheet updated to allow field superintendents to plan their resources.
- Managing quality–Ensures that labor and materials meet the specifications of the client; this would include site visits, reviewing drawings and specifications as well as maintaining effective communications with the client.
- Managing margins– Completes monthly billings, monthly job cost reports, and monthly manpower requirements to ensure that profit margins are maintained according to estimates.
- Project closeout– Prepares final as built-drawings, develops operation and maintenance manuals, establishes warranty dates, completes punchlist items and collects final billings.
Qualifications, experience and education:
- Experience and understanding of HVAC systems
- Ability to coordinate between mechanical and other trades
- 5 years’ experience minimum preferred
- Ability to estimate mechanical work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills to include MS Word, EXCEL, AutoCAD, Project Management Software
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task responsibilities
- Construction experience a plus
- Flexibility to adjust to shift priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate with customers, must be diplomatic and have ability to resolve conflicts.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, including technical, professional and upper management.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with customers.